Macarena Marquez lives in the heart of the natural park, Sierra de Aracena, which is also a source of inspiration for her designs. 25 years ago, Macarena started with hand-painted silk and soon discovered the natural dyes in the ecoprint world. Since then, eco-printing became her priority. All dyes she uses to print her fabrics come from nature: flowers, roots, leaves, bark, …
All fabrics have an organic origin as well. Macarena strives to create sustainable pieces that connect her to the environment. Her contemporary designs are characterised by great craftsmanship. More info: www.macarenamarquez.com
Start: Sunday 4 September 2022, 16:00 h
End: Sunday 11 September 2022, 11:00 h
Day by day programme
Sunday 4 September
Participants are welcome from 16 h
20:00 – Welcomediner
Monday 5 September
– Meeting and presentation.
– Talk about the course.
– Mordentado of fabrics.
– Collection of plants.
– Ecoprint practice on fibres (silk and wool)
Tuesdays 6 September
– Picking plants.
– Ecoprint practice on vegetable fibres (cotton and linen).
Wednesday 7 September
– Free day to practice what you have learnt.
– Walk at your own pace to Corteconcepcion (45 min.)
– 15 h: Lunch at Bar Javier in Corteconcepcion
Thursday 8 September
– Meeting to resolve doubts.
– Natural colour dyes.
Friday 9 September
Natural coloured dyes.
Saterday 24 September
Sunday 25 September
Breakfast and check out (11h)
Participants will receive a document with an explanation of the technique and recipes.
The course start at 10 am and end around 14.30-15:00 h
In the afternoon everyone can experiment at his or her own pace. The studio is open day and night.
• Breakfast: between 9:00 and 10:00 h
• Coffee break: 12:00 – 12:30 h.
• Lunch: 15:00 h
• A light dinner is prepared and available in the common kitchen (salad or soup, cheese, eggs, bread,…). Everyone is free to take.
Accommodation and meals
The workshop takes place at arteventura. There are 6 units for 2 persons. The first to book have the first choice.
• 2 individual apartments dispersed along the finca, a short but steep hike from the studio. Each apartment has it’s own kitchen, bathroom, 2 single fold up beds and a terras with view.
• 1 shared apartment with 2 bedrooms (2 single fold up beds) next to the studio. Two bathrooms are available in the corridor. Here is also a big communal kitchen with terrace and sitting area.
• 2 guest rooms in the main house (private entrance, bathroom and terrace), build on top of the finca (steep hike) with a wonderful view on the lake and the sloping hills.
• Located on an idyllic spot on the finca, you’ll find an outdoor kitchen.
• Close to the studio is a natural filtered pool (3x7m)
Cost of accommodation and meals:
• 980 euro (+ 10% tax) /per 1 person on the basis of 1 person/single room
• 1.395 euro (+ 10% tax) / per 2 persons on the basis of shared accommodation
– 7 nights, breakfast, lunch and light dinner (dinner on arrival day, breakfast on departure day).
– Tea, coffee and water. Wine, beer, soft drinks: honesty bar.
Cost of workshop:
115 euro per person
– Mordants and dyes
– Fabrics: 1 big silk square scarf, 1 long scarf, 4 pieces (28x112cm) of raw silk, 4 pieces (35x140cm) of wool, 4 pieces (35x140cm) and 2 pieces (70x140cm) of linen/cotton.
Participants can bring their own organic fabrics or buy them during the course if they wish to practice more on their free time.
Extra nights can be booked after the workshop (max. 5): 75 euro/night (single)/ 95 euro/night (shared).
How to make a reservation?
- Send an email to hilde&arteventura.eu
- Mention if you want to come with 1 or 2 people
- Indicate where you want to stay
- You will receive a confirmation email
- A deposit of 250 euros per person is requested (to be paid only after the confirmation email)
- Do this within 8 days after your admission and your booking will be fully confirmed (send us a receipt). Without receiving this deposit, your booking will be automatically cancelled after those 8 days.
- The remaining costs must be paid 60 days before your arrival.
- In case of non-compliance with the payment conditions, your residence will be automatically cancelled and the deposit will be retained.
- In case of cancellation, the deposit will be refunded in full if your cancellation occurs at least 4 months before the start of your personal booking.
The course will continue with a min. of 6 people. If there are less than 6 registrations, the deposit will be refunded.