Our Artist in Residence Call 2019 for Applications is now open for professional artists, all disciplines.
The finca covers an area of 25 ha of century old oaks which our visiting artists can fully enjoy at any time. In the front part of the finca we converted an old ruin into a 300m2 communal studio with an inside and outdoor workspace. The inner part of the studio can be divided into separate sections with mobile panels. A workbench with accessories is available in the outdoor part.
The artist brings his/her own materials. However, basic materials are available in the studio. In case of need, we located a specialized shop in Sevilla, where you also can order online1. It is possible to buy some drawing materials (cheap, no brand) in a local supermarket in the village. We can help you with your special requests and are in touch with several local craftsmen mainly working with metal, wood and cork. Don’t hesitate to inform us of your less usual requests, in most cases we will be able to help you before your arrival. Our studio assistant will help you when needed (e.g. installations…).
Artists in residence can choose between two types of accommodation:
There are 2 individual flats of ±40 m2, equipped as a flexi-workspace (e.g. table with wheels that can be moved inside or outside). Next to the studio we offer a 2 bedroom apartment that can be used by a single artist (bedroom + workspace), or by a duo that wants to work on a joint project. We aim at a maximum of 3 artists (exceptional 4, duo working on a joined project) in residence at the same time.
The 2019 “Artist in Residence” program is ready to welcome artists during 2 periods: from January 2nd to May 31th and from October 1st till December 31st. The minimum stay is 1 month, and the maximum stay is 5 months. Residence always start on the 1st of the month and ends on the last day of the month.
Application is open for professional artists (all disciplines). Kindly also provide a second choice in addition to your preferred choice of dates.
- Artists stay in all freedom at arteventura. They don’t have to submit a project, nor has the residence to yield
- The artist sends in a portfolio, or received an invitation of an artist that stayed at arteventura.
- The artist sends in a motivation of why he/she wants to stay at arteventura.
- arteventura tries to keep the costs for the residence as low as possible and asks the artist to leave 1 artwork.
However, this is no obligation.
Residence: 520 euro/month/person
End cleaning: 50 euro
* There are max. 3 artists in residence on the same time. However, if an artist wants to work alone it is possible to book the
entire accommodation: 1.500 euro/month
** Belgian artists can find more info regarding subsidies on the website of Kunstenpunt: www.kunsten.be
- Nearest airport: Sevilla
- For Belgian artists: Daily flights from Brussel (SN Brussels), Charleroi (Ryanair), Eindhoven (Ryanair and Transavia) or Amsterdam (Transavia).
- Rental cars need to be booked in advance and can be collected at the airport.
- Twice a day a bus runs from Sevilla to Aracena. Don’t forget to text us your time of arrival, we can pick you up at the bus station.
- A taxi from Sevilla to Aracena costs ± 120 euro The finca (arteventura) lies at about 4 km of the village Aracena, a fifty minute walk.
- Bikes are provided but consider that The Sierra is hilly and the road to the finca is not hardened.